Help and Info for AHI Afghan Hound Pedigree database
AHI Afghan Hound Pedigree database is an initiative to collect as many Afghan Hound pedigrees and data as possible to give a good view of the breed, show developments in the breed, and help breeders planning their litters and owners discovering the ancestors of their beloved pets.
You need to be a registered user to see all the available content in the database, for unregistered users the features are limited.
If you would like to have access to AHI Afghan Hound Pedigree database and currently don't have an account you can create one by clicking onto the "Account" Button on top in the menu and choose the Login screen.
The easiest way to start working with AHI Afghan Hound Pedigree database by browsing the content. You can click through pedigrees and go back many generations, viewing the pedigree and detailed information for each dog, and information about the owners or the breeders of the dog.
You can start exploring the website by following one of these links::
- browse dogs allows you to look through the dogs available in our database by name or country of birth.
- Search for dogs by registered name (this is a simple search - available in the top right corner on each screen)
To search for a Afghan Hound, please enter the registered name, or part of the registered name of the dog you wish to look up, WITHOUT TITLES, and then hit enter or press the "Search" button.
NOT "CH Freddy Dog"
Note: diacritical marks are not used in the database because these are not recognised by the software and result in errors. For example 'Šaša Adèle' would be entered as 'Sasa Adele'.
- Advanced search allows you to search for dogs by name, gender, date of birth, registration number, country of birth, and health reports. You may also search by ID number or health results using the "Search Dogs" options from the "Dogs" menu.
On the top of the Dog Info and Pedigree page is the Dog Info - their name, registration number, date of birth, picture, medical info etc, where available. When there is no information available the field will not show until the information is filled in.
Calculate COI will perform a quick coefficient of inbreeding (COI) calculation over 8 generations. To see the most current calculation (eg if a pedigree has been updated), you need to "Calculate COI again".
Beneath this are options to perform "Partial COI Calculations" or "Ancestor Loss/Blood Percentage" over 8, 9 or 10 generations.
The partial COI calculations shows next to the COI of the dog also the COI of the parents and shows a list with the most contributing Ancestors towards the COI, more about this is explained on the page itself.
The Ancestor Loss/Blood Percentage does not only calculates coefficient of inbreeding, but also ancestor loss and percentage of blood. Results, and more information about these, including a table of ancestors, are displayed on a new page.
Below the 'Dog Info' is the Pedigree showing the selected number of generations. The default is 4 generations, and you may select from 1 through to 8.
Also there is an option "picture", which allows you to upload a picture of the Afghan Hound you are looking at.
Underneath the pedigree are lists of known mates, offspring and full siblings.
There are also a few options for viewing other information immediately above the pedigree, on the right;
- "View breeding info" provides more detailed information about the offspring and siblings of the dog you are looking at.
- "Reverse pedigree (Offspring)" provides an overview of the offspring, going up to 8 generations.
- "Vertical pedigree (Siblings)" shows all the siblings of the dogs in the pedigree and the medical information available for them.
Various statistics are available from the database.
- Advanced info: gives an overview of the number of dogs in the database, champions, etc.
- Breeding Statistics: lists the most prolific males and females that have been used for breeding. On top it gives how many different females and males are actually used for breeding. This statistic can be viewed: global, per country, per period or per country/period.
- Longevity: displays in graphical from the ages which dogs have reached.
- Country of Birth: shows the number of Afghan Hound in the database by country of birth.
- Birth Years: shows the dogs by birth year global or per country.
- Colors: shows an overview of the colors.
The statistics are based on the information available in the database and are therefore only reliable to that extent.
If you have other ideas for statistics which we did not think of and are giving a nice additional view over our breed, you always can contact us with ideas!
Various reports may be run on the database.
- Descendants: search for up to 7 generations of descendants from a nominated Afghan Hound.
- Ancestors: display all known ancestors for a nominated Afghan Hound.
- Exclude sires/dams: allows you to search for a prospective sire or dam and exclude all dogs descended from a dog or bitch that you nominate in 7 generations.
- Orphans per dog: for a nominated Afghan Hound, this allows you to search for ancestors that have unknown parents (holes in the pedigree).
For the various "Reports" the dog "ID" is required. This is the unique number each dog gets when it is added to the database.
You can find this ID under the dog's name on the dog info and pedigree page.
You can send scanned pedigree or the information to us by email and we will be happy to add it.
Please read our Disclaimer!